This job is no longer available
A leading global trading/financial house in Central London is looking for an ambitious Systems Design & Implementation Engineerto play a key role in the delivery of IT Infrastructure for technology projects, designing infrastructure architectures and providing an ongoing engineering service for various cutting-edge technology platforms.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a strong Infrastructure Engineer who is looking to get stuck into end to end project work in an innovative, enterprise environment. The engineer will be responsible for the entire lifecycle of a series of critical, large scale projects and will work closely alongside a team of 6 engineers (made up of systems and network engineers) as well as the other infrastructure teams within the company.
Ideal Skill Set
- Previous experience working as an engineer within financial services is essential
- Excellent windows skill set: Windows Server 2008, 2012, Active Directory, Exchange server 2010, SQL Server 08/12 .
- Expert knowledge of related infrastructure technologies and solutions such as server virtualisation, storage, database and server based computing
- Solid working knowledge of virtualisation e.g. Hyper V / VMware ESX 5.5
- Cloud computing e.g. vCloud / vSphere
- Knowledge of Scripting Language /Automation e.g. Power Shell / VBScript is essential
- General knowledge of storage networking / server clustering
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
The company has a very flat structure, so this would suit someone who is looking to gain exposure to a variety of technologies in a large environment.
While technical proficiency is important, excellent team work skills, a can do attitude, problem solving approach and is the key attribute the management team will be looking for. This would suit an ambitious self-starter with a strong work ethic who is always striving to challenge themselves and achieve their goals.