This job is no longer available
A boutique global investment bank is looking to hire an SCCM Expert / Microsoft Systems Center Engineer to join their infrastructure team in a mixed 3rd/4th line support capacity, ensuring the stability of server systems whilst also taking technical ownership for the SCCM environment. The ability to troubleshoot complex issues, knowledge drive/share and translate designs into engineered solutions will be key.
The Engineer will be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining the SCCM Infrastructure within the bank, including being point of contact for areas outside the UK. The bank is looking for someone with in-depth knowledge of the Systems Center Product Suite (particularly SCCM 2012). By virtue of know SCCM 2012, they must have an understanding of the reliance it has on other systems / infrastructure.
Ideal Skill Set:
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Operating systems, SCCM technologies and application delivery methods
- Active Directory / Group Policies
- Knowledge of SQL Server (queries / reporting)
- Microsoft and 3rd party patching
- Knowledge of scripting language e.g. Powershell / VBS
- Previous experience within an SCCM engineer / specialist role
- Previous experience working within Financial Services
Whilst there are the core Windows and SCCM requirements for the role, excellent team work skills, a can do attitude, problem solving approach and is the key attribute the management team will be looking for. This would suit an enthusiastic infrastructure engineer who is looking for a fresh challenge as a subject matter expert in a highly rewarding, innovative environment.