This job is no longer available
A global software business based near to Cwmbran / Newport is looking for a Junior Software Engineer to join their growing team. This role would suit an ambitious Computer Science or IT graduate with working experience of either C# or VB.NET, who is looking to advance their career in software development.
Responsibilities of this Junior Software Developer role include:
- Designing and developing software solutions for new and existing products
- Assisting with product testing and implementing unit test plans
- Be actively involved in requirements sessions and work closely with business analysts and other developers to implement software solutions
To be suitable, the ideal candidate will be degree qualified with experience or a good understanding of the following:
- Either C# or VB.NET
- SQL Server or Oracle databases
- Web or web service development, as well as multi-tier service-oriented architecture (SOA) systems
- Full software development lifecycles
- Agile methodologies / agile development environments
This is a permanent role offering a salary up to £25,000 basic plus benefits including 23 days holidays, private healthcare, life insurance, childcare vouchers, season ticket loans and pension scheme. Offices are based near to Cwmbran, easily commutable from Newport and surrounding areas, with on-site parking available.
Please apply with your most up to date CV listing all relevant software development experience, as well as your full education history, listing reference ASH12151AC in the subject line.
The Ashdown Group Ltd acts as an employment agency in respect of permanent vacancies and as an employment business in respect of temporary vacancies.