This job is no longer available
A successful international business based near to Old Street in Central London is looking for an Accounts Assistant keen to work towards CIMA or ACCA management accountancy qualifications.
This role is ideally suitable for a Finance Assistant or Accounts Assistant who has a minimum of 1 years' experience in a general ledger role, and would like to gain further experience in a management accounting function to progress their career. Study support (CIMA or ACCA), mentoring and further career development will be available.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Bank account and balance sheet reconciliations
- Assisting with the preparation of sales tax / VAT return data
- Updating the fixed asset register
- Reviewing and posting intercompany charges
- Preparing month end accruals, prepayments and journals for different cost centres
- Working alongside and liaising with the global accounting team
To be suitable you will have:
- A minimum of 1 year's general ledger experience
- Knowledge of accountancy software i.e. MS Dynamics GP10 (Great Plains) ideally
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
This is a permanent role offering a salary of £26,000 basic plus benefits. Study support will be available after probation, for employees wishing to study ACCA or CIMA qualifications.
To apply for this Accounts Assistant / Assistant Management Accountant, please apply stating all relevant accounting experience and include reference ASH12141AC in the subject line.
The Ashdown Group Ltd acts as an employment agency in respect of permanent vacancies and as an employment business in respect of temporary vacancies.