This job is no longer available
A Tier 1 Investment Bank is looking to hire a Senior Web Middleware Engineer to join their Oracle and Open Source Web Hosting team on a permanent basis. This team is responsible for overseeing the Bank's primary underlying shared infrastructure services including Java Application Servers, HTTP Proxy servers and Java Grid Caches.
This is a multi-dimentional role - the engineer will be responsible for troubleshooting and support escalation of Web issues (50%), consulting business projects, defining application architecture strategy and owning the life cycle management of associated technologies (50%).
The role requires this person to act as a Subject Matter Expert within Web Infrastructure so should have some good previous experience with web technologies, in particular Weblogic or JBOSS, in a large corporate, enterprise or banking environment.
Ideal skill set / experience:
- Expert Knowledge of Web Middleware Technologies - primarily Oracle Weblogic / JBOSS
- Secondary (not essential) - Oracle Coherence - Oracle Enterprise - Apache Tomcat
- Linux (Red Hat - RHEL) / Unix Systems Administration Skills
- Any Automation experience, particular at Web layer level would be desirable
- Active Directory/LDAP Authentication.
Other desirable skills include DMZ infrastructure, TCP/IP, SSL and PKI which is being used by the team increasingly throughout the year.
The ideal candidate will be a self starter with a desire to challenge themselves on a daily basis and be a knowledge sharer / driver in a team of quality, likeminded engineers.