This job is no longer available
HR Administrator / Payroll Assistant
We are seeking a HR Administrator / Payroll Assistant to join a leading global media group. This diverse role will see you work closely with the HR Manager whilst organising the payroll and ensuring general HR administration is managed smoothly.
With over 280 million people visiting their websites globally each month, this international firm is the world’s largest premier online content network for information and entertainment. Having the ability to reach 19% of the world’s population, they own an unparalleled collection of sites including CNET, Last.fm, GameSpot and ZDNET. This is a unique opportunity to join the team and help support the office in a friendly and lively environment.
Reporting to the HR Manager, the HR Administrator / Payroll Assistant will form an integral part of this small department taking responsibility for general administration and payroll. You will be providing guidance and support to all employees and managers across a full range of HR activities and projects. It is important you can build and maintain excellent and collaborative working relationships with others ensuring delivery of team and business objectives and generating great feedback for you and your team.
Key Tasks / Responsibilities
- Supporting recruitment campaigns and ensuring everything is set up for new hires;
- Ensure new starters have all documentation in order and group inductions are organised effectively;
- Organise all payroll within the company and arrange payslips to go out to employees;
- Co-ordinate all in-house training;
- Process all employee benefits and ensure monthly pension payments are paid out;
- Manage the holiday and sickness program;
- Draft letters from the company to any of the employees;
- General PA support for the MD of Last.fm;
- General basic assistance and ad hoc duties as and when required.
To qualify... You should be a highly organised HR Administrator / Payroll Assistant or similar who can demonstrate:
- Previous payroll administration experience within a busy environment;
- A desire to work in a fast-paced HR department;
- Proven ability to build effective relationships with line managers and employees in all levels of the business;
- Excellent IT skills, particularly Microsoft Excel and Word;
- Proven ability to demonstrate a professional, confident and ‘can do’ attitude;
- Excellent organisation and time management skills;
- Calm, composed manner but having a sense of urgency when necessary.
A knowledge and understanding of current UK law would be greatly beneficial.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a HR Administrator / Payroll Assistant to join a leading media publisher offering a progressive and rewarding environment. Get in touch...
Keywords: Payroll Assistant, HR Administrator, HR Assistant, Human Resources, HR Jobs, Jobs in Human Resources, HR, Recruitment, Payroll, Assistant HR Jobs, Careers in HR, Resources Jobs in London, HR Jobs in London, HR Assistant Jobs in London, HR Jobs in London, Human Resources Jobs in London, Payroll Administrator in London, London, Central London, Greater London, The City, SE1
IMPORTANT: You will only be considered for this vacancy if you complete the short application form on the Guru Careers website...