This job is no longer available
Web Developer / Full-Stack Web Developer
We are seeking a full-stack Web Developer to join a fast-growing travel company based in Brighton / Hove. This is a great opportunity if you are looking to relocate near the beach and help the world's largest housesitting website which helps homeowners find a reliable housesitter to care for their property and pets whilst away.
As featured by the BBC, Sunday Times, Sydney Morning Herald and Huffington Post and the 2013 'Good Web Guide People's Choice Website of the Year' this innovative and unique online company provide a comprehensive service where homeowners can find ideal sitters to look after their homes, anywhere from Cornwall to the Caribbean and Tuscany to Thailand. Already featured in over 60 countries, the site reaches nearly half million unique visitors a month (and growing rapidly) and has won numerous awards for their trail blazing approach to travel and housesitting.
To qualify... We are seeking an enthusiastic and talented Web Developer / Front End Developer who can demonstrate:
- HTML/CSS experience - use of a CSS pre-processor such as SASS or LESS would be good;
- Python / Django experience (or other back end technology such as Ruby or Java);
- DevOps skills. Ideally using AWS, but a basic understanding of your average hosting infrastructure would be OK;
- Version control. The client is using Git, but if you’ve used others then that’s fine;
- An enthusiasm and interest for all things “web”;
- Great communication skills - you convey technical subjects in layman’s terms.
An eye for design and UX would be an added bonus.
Expect to work on a highly original project that already attracts hundreds of thousands of users and with significant plans to grow further. In return, expect a friendly atmosphere, great career opportunities as well as barbecues on the beach! Get in touch…
IMPORTANT: You will only be considered for this vacancy if you complete the short application form on the Guru Careers website...