This job is no longer available
This organisation is an extremely well run international bank with EMEA HQ in London. We receive extremely favourable feedback from individuals that have joined via ourselves over the past c. 18 months and we genuinely consider this to be one of the better banks in terms of how employees are supported. With virtually zero exposure to the sub-prime market this bank stood strong in the financial crisis and has an excellent balance sheet.
As a trusted preferred recruitment partner we have been asked to assist in the recruitment of a permanent VMWare Designer/Architect - 3rd line support Consultant to provide infrastructure architecture solutions, ensuring design, build and operation are both technically and cost efficient, adhering to the overall strategic direction. Salary to £70k plus bonus.
You will act as an Infrastructure Solutions Architect, initially within (but not limited to) the Virtualisation arena (with VMWare). For the first six months, up to 30% of this role may also incorporate some 3rd line / BAU support, reducing to around 5% after 6 months.
Candidates should have experience with some or all of the following:-
* Experience with Infrastructure Architecture - in particular server virtualisation using VMware - ESX.
* SRM v5
* Auto Deploy in a production environment
* Networking methodologies
* Server replication, backup and recovery
* Supporting and troubleshooting virtualisation installations
* Server hardware infrastructure
* Windows / Linux Server deployment and configuration
* SAN fabric infrastructure
* Good understanding of security design
* Understanding of networking and VLANS
* Systems development life-cycle
* VCP VMware 4.x / 5.x
Deerfoot IT are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Thank you for taking the time to review this vacancy advert. Every time we represent a candidate on a role (and present their CV) we donate £2 to charity. Our nominated charity for 2014 is The Born Free Foundation. We always present full details on roles and wait for email authorisation before presenting your CV to our client.