This job is no longer available
A Director of Production is required for an international medical device company. They will manage employees and hands-on operation of the company's manufacturing function. They will ensure that, as the company grows, manufacturing capabilities meet or exceed all industry and customer requirements for cost, quality and responsiveness.
The Director will be working closely with the VP on manufacturing plans, goals, and future product innovations. Also have an active role in senior-level negotiations with suppliers and manufacturing partners as required. The director of Production will be required to develop and manage budgeting and budget execution with a focus on product costs and margins.
This is a great opportunity for someone with a biologics background to be apart of a fast growing and ever evolving company and who is after their next challenge with national and international clients.
Day to day role:
- The line management of manufacturing personnel, including performance management and identifying key development areas to meet future growth plans
- To direct and oversee the company's manufacturing processes to ensure workflow and manufacturing processes meet customer demand
- Prepare reports and KPI for the manufacturing team and senior management review on a monthly basis.
- Analyse current and future manufacturing capacity, facilities, processes and requirements and make appropriate recommendations to VP and senior management.
- Monitor and evaluate workflow and assembly methods and introduce process improvements that favourably affect cost and quality.
- Ensure manufacturing and delivery schedules are met and processes are maintained within the company's QMS.
- Implement improvement/change programmes which enhance productivity, capacity, and technological capabilities.
- Work closely with the Sales team to address quality, capacity, and technology issues.
- Ensure compliance of manufacturing Team with Quality System including ensuring operation of Manufacturing to ISO 9001:2008 and 13485:2003 and authorization of routine testing service results to ISO 17025:2005.
- Work to OI Company Values at all times
- Bachelor's or Masters' Degree in Business, Engineering or equivalent
- Strong biologics experience.
- Minimum of 7 years' past production management in a diagnostic/medical devices company
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Be able to manage production flow, analyzing capacity and technical capability, and working with function support areas to development and implement enhancements.
- Possess the ability to define, track and trend KPI's and to effectively communicate performance to both the manufacturing team as well as senior management.
- Be able to identify the cause of production issues and institute appropriate corrective actions.
- Possess strong administrative, budgetary, and record keeping skills.
If you fit the bill for this role please contact Elizabeth Alexander on 0207 758 7311 for more information.