This job is no longer available
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Delivering first class experience across all platforms.
- Managing the quality output of the team, ensuring code quality is maintained.
- Mentoring junior members of the team.
- Researching the latest technologies and techniques.
- Working with the Tech Lead to ensure development tools and standards are forward thinking.
- Acting as a facilitator for the agile process by promoting and enforcing the ethos.
- Passionate about UI development technologies and techniques, always researching new trends.
- Strong communication skills, able to articulate technical reasoning to non technical team members.
- Logical thinker with excellent analysis skills.
- Expert HTML5 & CSS3 skills with full understanding of web standards.
- Strong experience working with agile and/or lean methodologies.
- An in-depth understanding of website performance and optimisation techniques.
- Strong practical knowledge & understanding of server side technologies and templating, Java skills beneficial.
- Excellent understanding of responsive/adaptive design principles.
- Detailed knowledge of multi device/platform browser capabilities and restrictions.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience of pair-programming is a definite plus.
- Mobile web experience desirable.
- BDD (i.e. webdriver, cucumber) experience a bonus.
- Good understanding of customer journeys and user experience principles.
- Working knowledge of SEO principles and best practice.
- An understanding of content management systems and their nuances.