This job is no longer available
Randstad Education are looking for an English / Literacy tutor to work in a prison (Immediate Start)
Being the UK market leader, Randstad Education are dedicated to finding the right jobs for the right people. We have been helping lecturers and support staff to find temporary and permanent education jobs for twenty years running.
Randstad Education are currently recruiting FE Qualified tutors or candidates with equivalent experience/qualifications who are able to teach English/ Functional Skills (Literacy) to adult learners within a prison setting. Experience within working with Stepping Stones Literacy would be an advantage.
What You Will Need To Have
- candidates must hold a teaching qualification, i.e. Certificate in Adult Education, DTLLS or equivalent (or be currently enrolled on a DTLLS course).
- Experience in Education or Training within the subject area is essential.
- Experience in developing curriculum and programmes of learning are desirable.
- Experience of embedding skills for life is desirable.
- Experience of involvement with unemployed and / or disadvantaged people and working in a challenging or secure/prison environment is
Working within an adult prison setting you will be required to deliver English / Functional Skills Literacy to adult learners. Placements will be short and long term and you should also be prepared to work over academic school holidays.
You will be required to teach adult learners within a prison environment. Specific prison experience is not compulsory however a desire and motivation to work with adult learners with a successful outcome. We are recruiting tutors who have a proven track record of successfully progressing learners through courses. Please include relative examples of this in your CV where possible.
To discuss this role in more detail please contact Reshma Koria on 0207 400 6035 or email your CV