This job is no longer available
Mechanical Maintenance Lecturer Required
Randstad Education are looking to recruit Mechanical Maintenance Lecturer. Being the UK market leader, Randstad Education are dedicated to finding the right jobs for the right people. We have been helping lecturers and support staff to find temporary and permanent education jobs for twenty years running.
Graded ?good? by Ofsted in 2013. A key part of the College?s provision is delivered by the School of Engineering.
The School of Engineering incorporates many facets of engineering ? automotive, aerospace, electrical, electronics, mechanical and maintenance and its courses range from pre-entry level to Higher National Diploma. It has a long and successful track record in providing high quality training, working with a large number of employers and training organisations.
Lecturers form the essential teaching level in the structure of each Section. As such they are expected to facilitate the effective and efficient administration of the courses and subjects under their guidance.
Main Purposes and Responsibilities
- Responsible to: The Head of the School. Day-to-day line management will be the responsibility of the Section Head.
- Teaching theoretical and practical workshop sessions relating to Level 2/3 Engineering/Maintenance apprentices and full time Level 3 students studying Engineering subjects; in particular Mechanical Fitting, Mechanical Systems, Mechanical Maintenance.
- Conduct the assessment and monitoring of candidates on such courses; complete all administrative work connected with the assessments.
- Keep and maintain accurate records of all forms of assessments according to the College and awarding body requirements.
- Provide prompt and constructive feedback to candidates soon after assessment.
- Make sure that assessment strategies used are inclusive (regardless of gender, age, origin etc.)
- Embrace new technologies and updating learning materials for use on new learning platforms.
- Contribute as appropriate, to the development, marketing and recruitment for both new and established courses provided by the School of Engineering.
To discuss this role in more detail please contact Reshma Koria on 0207 400 6035 or email your CV