This job is no longer available
Job Title: Business Development Executive
Terms: Full Time, Monday-Friday 9:00am -5:30pm
Some sales calls, travel and meetings out of hours
Salary: £30k + quarterly performance related bonus
To grow the portfolio of global clients syndicating content owned by Independent Print Ltd (IPL) and Evening Standard Limited (ESL). This includes leading the acquisition of new clients for both spot sales and news services but also assisting to maximise returns from existing partners.
- Network, attend industry events and research online to develop a pipeline of print publishers, web publishers, broadcasters, corporate clients and others that would benefit from republishing text, photos or video from The Independent, Independent on Sunday, i, London Evening Standard and the corresponding news websites.
- Contact those potential clients to outline the value and strength of Independent and Evening Standard content and to sign them up to the news and/or alerts services. This may involve travel to EMEA, Asia Pacific and the US depending on client type and value.
- Develop innovative content packages that tailor the strengths of the content repertoire and the range of delivery mechanisms to each client’s individual requirements. Create suitable presentations and supporting documentation to promote those packages.
- Process the resulting sales including agreement of terms, pricing, invoicing, content sourcing and delivery.
- Maintain accurate and clear records and pipelines of clients contacted and/or sold to.
- Liaise with the network of agents contracted by the publisher to generate news service and spot sales independently of the syndication team. Ensure in particular that any exclusive arrangements are suitably priced and are honoured by all relevant parties.
- Assist in answering telephone and email enquiries relating to the republishing, broadcasting or other syndication of content from the Independent, Independent on Sunday, I and London Evening Standard as well as their web equivalents.
- Encourage repeat spot sales business and conversion of spot sales clients into news service clients by ensuring a high level of professionalism and client care at all times and by forging strong, lasting relationships with regular clients.
- Work with the Head of Licensing & Syndication and other syndication team members to explore new business opportunities that arise.
- Cover the work of the Syndication Manager and/or Photo Syndication Executive in their absence.
- Other tasks, as necessary
Required Experience and Skills
- Exceptional, proven sales and negotiation skills, ideally with content syndication experience.
- Very strong contact building and customer relations including experience in building relationships with clients in other countries and cultures.
- Proactive, self-starting approach to developing new business
- Excellent management and organisation skills
- Willingness to travel and ability to manage own itinerary and expenses
- Familiarity with the ESI titles and websites
- Ability to work to deadlines with a high level of accuracy and detail
- Flexibility (e.g. fielding sales queries out of hours and working on tasks not directly related to this role)
- Experience of working with third parties and liaising between multiple stakeholders to achieve results
- Strong project management