Senior Production Accountant - Television
Working for a rapidly growing TV Production business who are currently producing innovative and sort after programmes. This position will report directly into the Head of Finance, and working closely with the Production Executives, this is an end to end production accounting role.
For the role, it is important that the individual has extensive production accounting experience, is confident and can thrive under pressure.
- Responsible for budgets ranging between £1M-8M (Productions include co-productions, documentaries & dramas)
- Run Production cashflows both internal and external in multi-currencies;
- Maintain schedules of programmes delegated to more junior members of staff, regulating their workflow;
- Oversee set-up and close of all productions, including arranging meetings at start and end;
- Produce cost management reports, ensuring full reconciliation with the finance system;
- Ensure implementation of new production accounting procedures as adhered too;
- Training and supporting the rest of the finance team regarding production accounting;
- Manage the company credit cards, including limits;
- Manage the production Foreign Tax Claims;
- Production finance point of contact for Co-Pros and tax credits;
- Statutory requirements; assist with year end audits, Stats, R46-1s, PAYE Settlements and other audit/stat requirements.
- Extensive experience within production accounting and have held a senior production accountant role previously;
- Confident and willing to perform regular admin elements of the role alongside production accounting;
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal;
- Competent user of Excel, knowledge of Navision would be an advantage;
- Have the ability to assert personal influence and adapt your approach to fit any situation;
- Working knowledge of VAT, artiste payments and foreign currency;
- Good working understanding of the Film industry guidelines
- Able to accept delegated responsibility, use initiative and effectively train others;
- Ability to meet and exceed tight deadlines, whilst working under pressure.