This job is no longer available
Primary Learning Teaching Assistant/ Mentor
Randstad Education is the UK market leader. We have been helping teachers and support staff to find temporary and permanent education jobs for nearly twenty years.
- As a Learning Teaching Assistant your focus will be on providing 1-to-1 support for children of all levels of ability and special needs by helping develop pupils in their Numeracy and Literacy.
- Long Term with the view to go Permanent 2014-2015.
- Experience of teaching in a Primary School would be an advantageous.
- Supporting the teacher in class and preparing the classroom in order to create an excellent learning space thus promoting the highest standards of work and behaviour.
- Primary School based in Barking and Dagenham; East London.
- The atmosphere in the Primary School is happy and stimulating environment in which pupils are encouraged to develop their talents and qualities of character in a supportive community.
- Their ethos is to provide a range of after school and lunchtime clubs and activities which are delivered by school staff and outside providers. They use school funding to ensure these activities remain free for all pupils.
- The School is made up of a broad range of individuals and groups from an increasingly diverse mix of backgrounds, experiences, lifestyles, languages and cultures.
- Within the mainstream school pupil population does include children with; Severe Learning Difficulties, challenging behaviour, Multi-sensory impairments, physical Degenerative conditions and Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties.
- Emphasis has been on to work well with families thereby giving better life chances for the pupils through improving their attendance, which is average overall.
Your application will be managed by a dedicated specialist education consultant who will guide and support you through the process in an honest and trustworthy manner to ensure you find the right match for you.