This job is no longer available
Location: Stockport, Cheshire
Salary: circa £30,000.-£40,000
Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted 20/06/14
The successful applicant must be able to work under their own initiative as well as a personable team player that actively shares knowledge and experience whilst playing an active role in the design process.
The design projects range from stand alone environmental sensors and control products to full building automation control systems using both zigbee wireless and RS485 local data networks to communicate between products and central computerised management systems.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate an all round experience in electronic product design and preferably qualified to degree level in electronics with knowledge of EMC design requirements. The individual must be able to work unsupervised to project deadlines, have a positive approach to problem solving and be capable of taking a project from inception through to completion including final handover to production.
- Hardware/PCB Design and EMC awareness/experience
- The products are a mix of single & multi layer SMT boards with some conventional through hole components that incorporate PIC and ARM processors.
- Extensive experience (circa 4-5 years) with full product design
- Experience on PIC's, Philips ARM core processors and Cortex (ideally but not essential)
- Experience on design of Real-time Embedded Controllers (with remote sensors & displays/user interface)
- Serial Communications (simple plus networks)
- Hardware Design & programming, software verification & validation
- Code documentation (ideally including UML)
- Working within a controlled product design/development methodology (any)
- Working under Design Document control (repository)
- Full product Life-cycle support and documentation)
- Network experience (RS485/Ethernet, etc)
- Knowledge and Experience on Zigbee Wireless Technology
- Any building control/Automation/HVAC controller experience would be a distinct advantage
- Embedded C and C++