This job is no longer available
This role is to work for the UK's fastest-growing national law firms to work out of their Northamptonshire office.
An exciting opportunity has come up to supervise the day-to-day operations of the Service Desk in conjunction with the Service Delivery Manager, ensuring SLA's & KPI's are met in line with agreed working practices. To identify and specify improvements in the Service Desk System ensuring maximum return on investment.
*(50%) Perform the full Job Responsibilities of "Support Analyst"
*(25%) Assist the Service Delivery Manager in maintaining and developing the Magic Service Desk System, thus allowing maximum return on investment.
*(20%) To provide guidance to virtual team regarding Service Desk procedures, technical issues, work priorities, and special requests from the community.
*(5%) Other tasks as appropriate
Technical skills and competencies
* Ability to deal with customers at all levels through an approachable and customer focused awareness.
* Customer focused, but with firm and proactive management style.
* An inquisitive and analytical mind who is service driven.
* Supervises and participates in the study of Service Desk operations and procedures, advising the Service
Delivery Manager of any improvements that can be made.
* A methodical and accurate worker, able to manage life cycle of incidents through to conclusion.
* The ability to communicate clearly in speech, email, and documentation.
* The confidence, maturity, and stature to deal effectively with colleagues in all parts and levels of the business.
Role-specific knowledge and expertise
* Good understanding of IT systems and infrastructure.
* Able to delegate effectively.
* Knowledge of report writing packages such as Crystal Reports.
* Experience of providing support across multiple sites.
* Experience managing a Service Desk operation.
* Able to manage support teams, ensuring service levels are maintained & KPI's met.
Experience, qualifications, and other role-specific requirements
* Good A Levels/BTEC.
* At least 4 years IT support experience in a service industry.
* Qualified at ITIL foundation level or above.
* Equivalent and preferably some professional qualification such as MCP or MOUS certification.
* Extensive knowledge of Service Desk Management.
* Qualified to HND/BSc level or above.
* Experience in a law firm, professional services firm or other service sector industry.
Thank you for inspecting this vacancy advert. This vacancy is being handled by Deborah Fielder. All applications handled with care and confidentiality. *Every time we send a CV to a client we will donate £2 to charity. Deerfoot IT - Established since 1997 as a dedicated IT recruitment consultancy. REC member. ISO9001:2008 certified.
Service Desk Team Leader - Northampton - £25,000 - £29,000