SQL Database Administrator
A Client of mine are currently looking for an interim MS-SQL Database Administrator, for an interim period of 3 months.
The successful candidate will have experience in the following areas:
- 5+ years of experience in database administration and support in MS SQL Server clustered and non-clustered environments.
- Strong experience in Database Administration in SQL Server ( 2005, 2008 and 2012)
- Solid acquaintance with windows server 2008/2012 in both physical and virtual environments using Vmware, security delegation, SPNs, storage components, ideally in a Netapp environment.
- Strong knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, DBCC commands, Clustering, Database mirroring, Replication.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
- Ability to detect and troubleshoot SQL Server related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resource contention.
- Expert experience in implementing operational automation.
- Strong knowledge of how indexes, index management, integrity checks, configuration, patching. How statistics work, how indexes are stored, how they can be created and managed effectively.
- Documentation skills for processes and procedures
- SQL Database Operational support to tech users
If you feel you have the experience to meet the above criteria, or know anyone else who may have a similar skill set, please be in touch in response to this advert.