This job is no longer available
A leading Television Production and Distribution business requires an individual to join their busy and friendly royalties team. The business has an award winning catalogue (both own and third party), and they continue to be a main player within the industry, which means the team is constantly taking on new work.
To be suitable for this position you can come from either a royalties or a transactional finance (AP/AR) background and have an enthusiastic and team playing attitude.
- Preparation of royalty statements for your own accounts
- Preparation of royalty journals and payment, inputting into the financial system, ensuring all accounting entries (Vendors, advances, recharges etc)
- Prepare royalty schedules to support recharges shown on beneficiary and agent statements
- Initiate payments to beneficiaries, either by preparation of self-billed invoices or by requesting the beneficiary to invoice
- Prepare ad hoc schedules to support financial accounting entries, beneficiary queries, audits etc
- Resolve any royalty related queries, both internal and externally led
- Identify and recommend process improvements
- Previous experience in the preparation of royalties statements and / or exposure to other areas of transactional finance (Purchase or Sales Ledger).
- Highly numerate, with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to interpret contractual agreements.
- Organised and methodical approach.
- Previous experience of SAP is preferred.