Power System Engineer
Job Title: Power System Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Consultant: Nathalie George
The Organisation: The Green Recruitment Company is pleased to be working with a designer, manufacturer and operator of wave energy. They are currently looking for an energetic Power Systems Engineer to join their expanding team, to be based from Edinburgh.
A key area of concentration will be on power system modelling in order to allow the energy generated to be connected to the electrical grid.
• You will be responsible for the design and specification of MV switchgear solutions.
• You will liaise with utilities, transmission and distribution organisations for the development of the eave projects to ensure compliance to the relevant codes ad legislation.
• Lead and undertake electrical engineering studies including fault level calculations, protection co-ordination, load flow, transient analysis, motor starting calculations etc. all utilizing industry standard software.
• Create specifications and liaise with external bodies that will carry out detailed modeling and analysis work.
• Design and specify electrical equipment, with a specific focus on the medium voltage switchgear in the companies and subsea power grid.
• Advise and support the project development team on grid connection issues and subsea power distribution system requirements.
• Degree qualified in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Power Systems or a related discipline.
• You will have experience in low and medium voltage equipment design and an understanding of the issues relating to generating and integration into the grid.
• You will be competent at power system calculations, specification of electrical equipment ratings and design of protection systems and metering.
• Experience with using industry standard software packages used for power system modelling and analysis.
• Good IT skills, familiarity with standard MS Office Tools and industry standard CAD electrical drawings packages.
• The ability to produce quality technical reports and specifications.
• Familiarity with grid codes and engineering standards applicable for the connection of power generation systems to the grid.
• Experience of power conditioning solutions that are used to provide grid compliance eg STATCOM.
For more information or to apply for the role please send your CV to;
Please get in touch with any queries on:
+44(0) 203 640 2130
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies