Essential skills: Java or C++ programming, UNIX or Linux, OO programming, 2.1 hons degree or above.
Desirable skills: Jython, Perl
£40k + stunning benefits package for graduate role.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Graduate with confidence of their Python coding ability to join an organisation at the very heart of the London banking community. A stable member and well regarded institution within city finance circles. Our client's IT systems help support the trading of items such as derivatives swaps and fixed income products. As a long established and now only one of two tier one preferred suppliers we have been asked to assist with the recruitment of a Graduate Software Developer, our client are open to considering individuals with exposure to Java and / or C++.
The successful candidate will benefit from intense training in a number of development languages and investment banking business areas.
* Business requirements gathering, analysis and definition of requirements on projects to provide complete and accurate system requirements.
* System Design and Development using Java, WebLogic, Maven.
* Involvement in traditional and agile project methodologies.
* Building strong relationships with service providers
* Java Development
* C++ Development
* Business Analysis skills
* BSc / MSc graduate from a technological discipline
* Experience of Traditional and Agile project methodologies
* Experience of Investment Banking, Financial Markets and Products
* Ideally some knowledge of Market Risk
This position would suit someone who enjoys being part of a demanding environment and has ambition to succeed, as well as learn. The successful candidate must be very hands-on and technical, show initiative, be flexible, customer focused and be motivated by a challenge. This individual must be a self-starter and needs to be able to learn new tasks and skills quickly. Overall, the candidate should be an effective team player with excellent communication skills and have a desire to ensure a high quality customer service along with a delivery-focused approach.
Essential skills: Java or C++, OO programming, UNIX or Linux, 2.1 hons degree or above.
We are operating as a recruitment agency for this role. Deerfoot IT. Est 1997, REC technology member. We are committed to beast practice and will deal with all applications professionally and confidentially.