This job is no longer available
VP - Operational Compliance - Global Bank
A leading Corporate & Investment Bank in London is seeking a VP in Operational Compliance to provide multi-asset class advisory assistance to the product advisory team and compliance support to variety of business areas which include client asset protections; trade and transaction reporting; outsourcing and off-shoring arrangements; client on-boarding and categorisation requirements and client reporting.
- Managing the implementation of relevant regulatory legislation across EMEA.
- Managing Operational Compliance Projects and Initiatives.
- Developing relevant impact assessments in conjunction with Product Compliance and impacted areas.
- Creating and maintaining project schedules in relation to relevant assignments.
- Reporting on regulatory change initiatives and other Operational Compliance reviews, projects and initiatives and agree remediation actions and timelines with relevant areas.
- Assisting in the design and update of policies and procedures to address regulatory changes and operational compliance initiatives.
- Participating in the design and delivery of relevant training for business, operational and other infrastructure staff.
- Interfacing across compliance and relevant business areas to ensure that operational practices and independent controls remain compliant.
- Providing in-depth knowledge and experience of the relevant EMEA rules and regulations relating to trade, transaction and position reporting; client categorisation and onboarding and client reporting.
- Providing real time support and advice in relation to operational compliance topics to EMEA based businesses and Operational support teams.
- Assisting in the review and sign-off of New Product or other enhanced transactional or business approvals.
- Interacting with relevant professional bodies and trade associations on relevant rules and regulations.
- Experience of developing policy, assessing risks, conflicts, implementing procedures, training monitoring investigations and review.
- Demonstrable involvement in significant regulatory compliance change programmes with direct experience of leading or project managing such programmes a distinct advantage.
- Experience in a compliance or legal department working in an investment bank or other comparable or relevant environment.
- Working knowledge of financial products, financial securities and derivatives markets.
- Strong working knowledge of Middle Office and Back Office Operations functions.
- Degree level education or equivalent work experience with further qualifications preferred (e.g. MBA, legal or accountancy qualification)
Salary - Highly competitive
Location - CanaryWharf
This is a fantastic opportunity to progress your career rapidly within a top Investment Bank. If you are interested in applying then please send a copy of your CV to Ryan Graham ASAP at r.grahamatrealstaffing.com