A successful international advertising agency based in Central London is currently recruiting for a Regional Social Media Director to head up their global social media strategy and activities on an initial 6 month contract basis. This is a fantastic opportunity to lead, develop and coach local social media teams, as well as make a real impact on social media marketing for a range of well-known global brands.
Responsibilities of this Regional Social Media Director role include:
- Training local social media teams regarding the implementation and localisation of company social media strategy and guidelines, including coaching local Social Media Account Managers and Community Managers
- Empower local social media teams across a supported global framework; promote brand consistency, quality assurance; and align social activities with global campaign strategies
- Act as a brand guardian and escalation point for any crisis management issues at local market level
- Develop an ongoing communication strategy and social media editorial calendar
- Liaise with key clients to update them on the status of social media performance, analytics, issues, insights, etc.
To be suitable you must have:
- A minimum of 4-5 years' experience in a Social Media Management or Digital Marketing role
- Experience managing complex processes or large projects in an international setting
- Prior experience of managing and motivating teams
- Experience operating in a matrix or multi-agency international environment
- Fluency in a second language would be a bonus, but is not essential
This would suit an experience Social Media Marketer who has a background in communications e.g. Public Relations or a Community Manager role.
The salary for this 6 months fixed term contract is up to £50,000 basic (pro rata) plus benefits. Offices are located within walking distance of Southwark & London Bridge stations.
Please note this role involves international travel.
To apply, please submit your latest CV listing all relevant social media and digital experience (including any blogs or social media forums you may be engaged with), and include reference ASH12392AC in the subject line of your email.
The Ashdown Group Ltd acts as an employment agency in respect of permanent vacancies and as an employment business in respect of temporary vacancies.