Job Type: Permanent
Salary: up to £35,000 DOE
Location: Central London
Consultant: Tim Hall
The Green Recruitment Company are working with a leading, international energy consultancy who provide a vast range of energy efficiency solutions and carbon management services. They are currently recruiting for someone to recruit a Bid Writer to join their growing team in their brand new offices in Central London
The responsibilities of the role:
• With the support of the Sales & Marketing Director, take ownership of the production of winning bid responses, according to Tender process requirements including; PQQ, RFP, RFI, ITT.
• To work with a developing costing model to generate contract pricing for inclusion within bids and proposals.
• To assist in the production and editing of proposal documents as requested by the Sales Teams.
• To take ownership of allocated areas of the “bid library” being responsible for updating and auditing content in line with business progression.
• To log details of contract wins on our data and customer management system in readiness for handover to the operational teams.
• Manage and respond to PQQs ensuring that our client is accurately represented and is showcased appropriately
• Attend Bid/No Bid meetings and bid kick-off meetings
• Holding fact finding meetings with sales and operations and translating the output into the required bid response
• Using the costing model, generate contract pricing for sign off by the Sales & Marketing Director, prior to inclusion within the response
• Structure the bid response according to requirements
• Using a blend of technical input, creative writing and winning responses from within the bid library, create compliant, concise and compelling responses to ITTs/RFP
• Confirming that the response is deemed acceptable from the perspectives of Commercial / Sales, Marketing, Operations, Finance and that it is authorised prior to submission
• Parcelling and submitting bid responses in line with customer requirements e.g. via purchasing portals/post/electronically
• Supporting the Sales person on ‘next round’ requirements, for e.g. clarification questions, presentation content, added value etc
• Liaising with the appointed Sales person/Account Manager to track the progression of the opportunity throughout the tender process
• Maintaining a bid/proposal work tracker to monitor the progression of the opportunity
• Logging details of contract wins in preparation for handover to operations
• Attend operational handover meetings as and when required
• Take ownership of allocated areas of the Bid Library updating and refreshing content as required, as well as managing a biannual audit
• To work on updating proposal templates and standard company narrative on a project basis
• To support and to update the costing model on a project basis
• Review Terms and Conditions of Business on an ad hoc basis to identify risks and opportunities
Experience and skills:
• Experience of technical services in a business to business environment is an advantage but not essential as full training will be provided
• Knowledge of the energy/environmental and utilities sector would be an advantage but not essential as full training will be provided
• A strong personality will be required, as the candidate will need to influence experienced and knowledgeable people both internally and externally.
• IT skills including knowledge of MS products, advanced knowledge of power point etc.
• Strong presentation skills
• Strong written skills
Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
+44(0) 203 640 2130