This job is no longer available
An office of the US Embassy London based in Berkshire is looking to recruit a full-time officer specializing in Baltic current affairs.
Duties will include coverage of media developments and breaking news, production of translations and multimedia, web content management, research, and written analysis. The position will occasionally involve working evenings and weekends.
- Knowledge of Baltic current affairs and media (degree-level or equivalent)
- Working fluency in one or more of the Baltic languages (Latvian, Lithuanian, or Estonian) and the ability to translate into English from one or more of these languages.
- Working fluency in Russian and the ability to translate into English from Russian
- Strong English writing skills
- Strong technical skills and knowledge of social media, web content management and digital media tools
- Knowledge of quantitative data analytic techniques/statistics a plus
- Self motivated individual with proven team working skills and flexibility
This position offers career opportunities, competitive salary and benefits package, including paid holidays and private health plan.
Starting salary: £27,000-£34,000 per annum subject to experience.
Please apply by email to LondonApplicants@state.gov by COB on 12 August 2014.
The subject line of the email should read “Baltic Current Affairs Officer” and you must include the following:
- Cover letter identifying how you meet the above qualifications and clearly stating your interest, qualifications and language expertise
- CV (Please note that as an equal opportunity employer, we ask that you do not include your gender, race, religion, date of birth, age, marital/family status within your CV.)
- Scanned documentation in support of your legal right to work in the UK, e.g. citizenship or residency, in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 (Please note that applicants not providing this information in their application will not be considered.)
Only short listed candidates will be notified within 14 days of the closing date.