Special Needs Teaching Assistant (SEN TA) Year 3 in Keighley
A full time special needs teaching assistant (SEN TA) job at a primary school in Keighley has become available in Year 3. The job is to start in September on a long term temporary basis with the view to go permanent in January. The school are looking for 2 Teaching Assistants in total for this class.
The post is 5 days per week and will be supporting 3 special educational needs (SEN) pupils in Year 3, as the children need some provision the TA's will be required to support other pupils as well as offering 1:1 support when needed.
We are looking for a candidate with the following qualities and experience:
* Organised and able to assist with classroom activities
* Experienced in working with and supervising children - minimum 1 year working in a Primary school setting
* Must have a high regard for children's health and wellbeing and clearly want to make a difference for children and families
* Demonstrate success in raising standards for the school
* Must have previous experience in working in a primary school
* Good behaviour management skills
* Team player, able to use own initiative, and have a positive outlook
* This Good large, 2 form entry school is based in Keighley
* Staff are friendly and support and are committed to helping pupil?s reach their best ability
* The school aims to provide a positive environment where success is celebrated and encouraged
* The staff work in partnership to ensure pupils receive a high standard of learning and aim to create a supportive setting
* The pupils are keen, co-operative learners who are well behaved
* Pupils are mainly of Bangladeshi or Pakistani origin
* English for most is not the first language
* A high proportion of pupils are eligible for free school meals and pupils with special educational needs and/or disabilities is above average.
If you are interested in this job or similar posts please send your CV to Melissa Haliday or call on 0113 246 2500.
Randstad Education is the UK market leader in education recruitment. We have been helping teachers and support staff to find temporary and permanent education jobs for nearly twenty years. Working with over 2,500 schools each week we can find the right match for your skills.
We are proud to support a diverse portfolio of schools and academies within the West Yorkshire area. These schools range in size, catchment, religious background and ethos. We understand that every school and child is different so we carefully match our staff with the schools and children to which they work best. If you are interested in long term or day to day supply work please get in touch.
All candidates will be subject to Randstad Education's child safety standards and UK eligibility checks.