This job is no longer available
Technical Analyst - Banking - Bristol - £450pd
Our client, an investment bank, are currently looking for a Technical Analyst to work in their Bristol office, on a long-term contract basis.
The primary purpose of the role will be the development, testing, delivery and ongoing support of database (End User Computing) solutions to support delivery of the annual Pay and Bonus cycle.
The role holder will be proficient in information system / data conversion problem identification and remediation, as well as be a subject matter expert across a wide range of MI development tools including Excel, Access, VBA, Oracle Developer, SQL, etc.
The role-holder will be expected to work closely with (but not manage) a team of business analysts and performance and reward SMEs to gather requirements and develop database solutions.
Experience of end to end project delivery is required as well as knowledge of all reporting related disciplines including requirements gathering, specification writing, UAT, OAT, etc. The successful candidate must also be able to apply a first class presentation layer to any reporting, as well as engage with customers and stakeholders across a number of Divisional functions to provide detailed analysis and recommendations. First class stakeholder management skills are therefore essential.
1. Develop tactical database solutions in accordance with ITEC and LBG standards, managing the end to end project delivery including requirements gathering, specification writing, UAT, OAT, etc.
2. Produce first class presentation layer to any reporting, as well as engage with customers and stakeholders across a number of Divisional functions to provide detailed analysis and recommendations.
3. Create clear documented process that allow the transition of any development into BAU
4. Perform ad hoc queries and develop reports using data from SQL servers and undertake special analysis tasks and other duties as required.
5. Manage a broad range of internal/external stakeholders to communicate timelines, action plans and issues arising from strategic development.
If you are interested and meet the above requirements please send me your latest C.V and I'll call you to discuss in further detail.