This job is no longer available
My client, a leading provider of Financial and Gaming Trading Software, in the City of London, is
seeking a Front End Developer to complement the existing team.
The developer will be expected to maintain and enhance the current suite of trading
applications, and also actively participate in, the design, development and release of the
The successful candidate will be in their element developing complex, standards-based,
full-stack, enterprise applications, both for the browser and mobile devices alike, while
demonstrating a passion to push their boundaries.
The team is Agile focused with two week iterations, therefore exposure to a collaborative
working environment would be beneficial. You should be a self starter and be able to hit the
ground running. With strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills, you will be
able to handle competing demands and manage your workload effectively.
- At least 4 years commercial web development experience
- Previously built cross-platform mobile apps with standards-based Web technologies, using
either of the PhoneGap or Sencha Touch mobile frameworks
- Interface design for complex, data rich, low latency, trading applications
- Expert understanding of software design principles and design patterns - MVC MVVM
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Comfortable working with Restful or SOAP based web services, XML, JSON etc .
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies (Scrum/TDD).
- AngularJS, JQuery, Backbone, RequireJS, NodeJS, Grunt or Bower.
- CSS preprocessors such as Rework, Less and Sass.
- Testing Frameworks/runners - eg. Jasmin/Mocha, Karma/Protractor
- Graphic design and UI/UX expertise/enthusiasm
- Legacy Adobe flash Platform experience.