Job Type: Permanent
Salary: up to £36,000 plus extensive and competitive benefits
Consultant: Tim Hall
The Green Recruitment Company is working with one of the UK`s leading renewable energy companies. They work on major UK wide energy projects involving Biomass heating, ground and air source heat pumps and integrated solar thermal systems.
The Mechanical Energy Design Engineer will carry out the following responsibilities
• Calculation of heat losses, pipe sizing and equipment selection from basic principles
• The production and layout of mechanical systems associated with turn-key wood fuelled boiler installations, district heating systems and Heat Pump systems leading to the detailed definition of engineered solutions.
• Further development of design standards for biomass/heat pump systems and district heating. This will be focused on reducing the life cycle cost of these installed systems, improving system performance and reducing the time to design and install systems
• Development of the drawing and automated product database of the product offering to increase the automation of the delivery process. This will include technical sales information and detailed installation, commissioning and support information.
• The role will be split between the day to day design of biomass/heat pump solutions and the development of standards and systems to improve the company’s productivity in the future.
Candidate Experience and skills:
The Mechanical Energy Design Engineer will have the following experience:
• BETEC/HNC or equivalent in Building Services17th Edition BS 7671
• A technical understanding of Mechanical building services systems, particularly heating, with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a building services contracting environment.
• A knowledge of heating controls preferable, either stand alone or BMS
• A knowledge of district heating and CHP as well as renewable technologies preferable including biomass heating, ground and air source heat pumps,
• Computer Literacy - Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Explorer, Auto CAD
• Good numeracy skills - Mathematics GCSE Grade C or above
• English - GCSE Grade C or above
• Excellent communication skills
• A willingness to travel as required throughout mainland UK to sites.
• Current UK driving licence.
Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
+44(0) 203 640 2130