This job is no longer available
Excellent opportunity has arisen to join a multi billion pound turnover organisation based in central London
You will be responsible for taking a lead role in the Network Solution design, and you will be a key figure in helping shape the technology roadmap.
Key day to day responsibilities will include:
- Definition, design and interpretation of technical architecture artefacts
- Proving a design lead/ quality assurance role
- Take a lead role on the full life cycle in the delivery of technical situations
- Determining the appropriate frameworks
- Stakeholder management at all levels
- Ensuring all documentation is fit for purpose.
In order to be suitable the following skillsets will be needed:
- Proven design experience with large IP networks
- Experience in a lead role
- Extensive experience and knowledge of Data Network technologies
- Proven experience in MPLS technologies (VPN, VRF, PE, CE)
- Detailed understanding of local, metropolitan and wide area networks.
- In depth and practical experience of IP internetworking, ATM & Voice technologies, IP Telephony, LAN routing, LAN Switching, SAN, CDN, Optical, Wireless and Security
- A full understanding of Networking Protocols, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, TCP/IP
Experience of structured cabling systems, including traditional telephony and building data cabling systems to approved standards
- In-depth knowledge of 3rd party vendors such as Cisco / Nokia / Juniper / HP / Brocade
- Conversant in industry standards, IPV4 Subnetting, VLANS, OSI 7 Layer Model, WLAN fundamentals.
- Security knowledge in terms of firewall configuration, intrusion detection and intrusion prevention technologies.
- Solid and recent senior experience and knowledge of Network Technologies - In depth experience of designing networks in both general and specialised domains including Data Centres, intranet, extranet and secured internet facing zones
- CCIE/ TOGAF certifications preferred.
Please send your CV for immediate consideration or call Andrew Nitek on 0207 4695255 for any further queries