This role carries full P&L responsibility as a key member of the Senior Leadership Team and will play a vital role in driving the ‘change management’ and the dynamic business transformation which has commenced within the company. The Company sells its products under the: Breville, Crock-Pot, Nicky Clarke, Food Saver, Bionair, Dirt Devil and Oster brands across the UK and Europe.
Key duties include:
• Responsible for developing and defining the overall business strategy for the European business including formulation of brand strategies and portfolio, product line development and strategies, including product design, collaborating in defining pricing strategies, sales/distribution strategies and development of advertising and promotional strategies to attain strategic financial goals.
• Define brand strategies for Europe that ensure business sustainability and growth
• Identify and define strategies which ensure that marketing/selling efforts are appropriately prioritised behind the most attractive business segments/opportunities.
• Lead and coordinate product management responsibilities including screening and identifying new products, developing packaging materials and instruction manuals and labels, collaborating with Engineering/Procurement on all product development matters.
• Develop communications materials (both internal and external) which support product management functions including after-sales documentation, sales collateral materials for new product launches, etc.
• Participate in the preparation of pricing strategies to ensure achievement of the established goals and objectives.
• Participate and perform budgeting related functions during Annual Operating Plans and Long Range Planning Processes.
The successful candidate will have:
• Knowledge of European Marketplace with respect to : Business and Economic Environment, Consumer Dynamics, Trade and Channel Dynamics, Competitive Environment
• A strong understanding of the various cultures across Europe
• Experience of demonstrating personal drive, passion and ambition to fit the unique company culture
• To be able to communicate in English with knowledge of French and/or German
• To be able to travel within the UK and Europe at least 30%/40% of the time
People looking to commute to Manchester will be considered however where candidates are based a long distance from the area the preference would be for a full relocation.
Please apply now if you are interested to learn more about this role.