Supply Chain Manager – Wind Power
Job Title: Supply Chain Manager - Wind Power
Job Type: Permanent
Consultant: Nathalie George
The Organisation: The Green Recruitment Company are pleased to be working with a world leading manufacturer of wind turbines who work with a range of clients to help them become green energy producers.
They are now looking for someone to join the team to review, develop and maintain purchasing policies and procedures. This will involve reviewing sources of supply regularly, including on an international basis to ensure the best value for money is achieved at all times.
• Reviewing, developing and maintaining purchasing policies and procedures.
• Controlling an annual spend of circa £2m.
• Working on a range of commodities with a tailored approach.
• Working with, Build to print machined parts and assemblies, Electro-mechanical assemblies, Composites and category c items.
• Provide engineering input in long-term sourcing decisions.
• Deliver an agreed strategy by using the most appropriate methodology eg: Identifying cost savings and negotiating commercial and contractual terms with suppliers.
• Monitoring the performance of all suppliers to ensure that all goods and services meet the correct price, quality and delivery in accordance with supply agreements.
• Working closely with manufacturing and engineering to ensure that future sales and engineering demand requirements are reflected in supplier order patterns.
• Maintain and replenish system ‘static’ data, supplier lead times, supplier review periods etc.
• Record KPI data and issue monthly reports and compile other data that may be required o an ad hoc basis for assessing purchasing performance.
• Experience of the full breadth of purchasing activity, the role will involve some day to day placing of orders and managing deliveries.
• Excellent communication skills
• Self-starting, forming internal and external relationships
• Familiar with working in an engineering context, preferably mechanical.
• 5 years sourcing experience/materials management and supply chain
• Good negotiation ability
• Degree level education or equivalent experience
For more information or to apply for the role please send your CV to;
Please get in touch with any queries on:
+44(0) 203 640 2130
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies