Legal Assistant - Renewables
Job Title: Legal Assistant - Renewables
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000
Location: South West
Consultant: Nathalie George
The Organisation: The Green Recruitment Company is working with a very successful Green Energy Provider who are currently looking for a Legal Assistant to join the Development Department.
The successful candidate will work closely with both the legal and development teams to ensure renewable energy options and lease agreements are completed and manage a portfolio of existing agreements.
• Initiate discussions with landowners and agreeing Heads of Terms. In addition you will also manage a portfolio of existing sites at various stages of negotiation.
• Working with the Acquisitions Manager and Legal Counsel to procure Option to Lease agreements with landowners for the development of renewable energy projects throughout the UK.
• Working with the Acquisitions Manager you will negotiate with landowners, land agents and solicitors to secure favourable commercial terms for the company. This will necessitate developing an in depth understanding of the complexities of the projects finances.
• Risks to a project are to be identified and in consultation with other members of the development team, negotiations and studies will be commissioned to assess/resolve the issue.
• Reviews of existing practices and procedures will be undertaken in order to speed up the delivery of land options. Ability to quickly comprehend the financial / legal mechanisms of wind energy projects, in order to undertake successful negotiations with land owners.
• Manage option payments and the extension of option agreements when required.
• Any other tasks requested by the Acquisition Manager.
• Act as an ambassador for the company and provide an efficient service to External Customers.
• Research and develop personal expertise in wind and renewable energy issues in the UK and European context and then keep up to date with current legislations and policy development.
• 1 or 2 years’ experience in either a surveying/legal role or related experience with a renewable energy context.
• Have a good understanding of the legal issues surrounding rural land ownership.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to analyse and create documents efficiently.
• Ability to learn and understand new techniques and interact efficiently with a variety of development departments.
• Driving licence essential.
For more information or to apply for the role please send your CV to;
Please get in touch with any queries on:
+44(0) 203 640 2130
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies