My client is a successful online business operating globally. They have a new opportunity for a Devops Engineer to join an established team split across the UK & US, and be responsible for two of their brands based out of the London office.
As a Devops Engineer you will be supporting the developers & collaborating with the application teams to develop and build deployment automation systems, extend the use of CI environments, systems and infrastructure which support the new web/software development initiatives across the group. Projects will include the build of brand new websites and applications, code deployment, managing digital infrastructure, etc.
This is an exciting prospect for a driven and talented Web Operation Engineer or Devops Engineer with at least 5 years hands on experience managing and developing in a fast paced, results oriented technical environment, with website or distributed application background.
To be suitable candidates should have experience of the following (ideally in an enterprise or web environment):
- Core technologies are Linux & Java (a background in Java development would be beneficial but is not essential)
- AWS, Cloud technologies
- Java application builds
- Automation processes for code deployments (experience with Puppet, Chef or similar is ideal)
- Managing digital infrastructure
- Patching processes
- Infrastructure & software design tasks
Other technologies you will be exposed to include:
- Operating systems Linux, Windows, OSX, VMware
- Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server & MongoDB databases
- CVS, SVN, Git, Jira, Weblogic, Tomcat, Confluence applications
- Windows servers, EMC & Amazon
The basic salary on offer is £55,000 - £65,000 basic plus bonus and benefits. The offices are based in the City area within a commutable distance of Liverpool Street, Bank, Moorgate and Old Street.
If you are interested in applying to this Devops Engineer role and are looking for a new challenge within a fast paced and growing business, please apply with your latest CV in Word format quoting reference ASH11527AC in your subject line.
The Ashdown Group Ltd acts as an employment agency in respect of permanent vacancies and as an employment business in respect of temporary vacancies.