A well-established company based in the Old Street area are looking for a SQL DBA / Development DBA to support the developers whilst working alongside an operational DBA resource offsite.
The main focus for this SQL DBA / BI Engineer position will be to translate business user reporting requirements into technical tasks, by finding data sources, pulling data together and producing accurate reports.
Our client is looking for an experienced SQL Database Administrator (SQL DBA) with a combination of skills:
- BI Analyst, able to mine data from various structured and unstructured sources as well as provide a consultative approach. Whenever required the DBA will design and implement BI solutions for the business.
- Reporting Analyst for business as usual reporting tasks from existing data and data structures.
- Monitor & fix data inconsistencies.
- Suggest data structure design and improvements for new implementations (on occasion when new systems are being engineered).
- Development DBA (working with the Developers to review and improve SQL scripts)
- Providing status reports and maintaining systems documentation
- Strong knowledge of all specifics in using, designing, and operating clustered MS SQL on Windows & MySQL on a Unix/Linux environment
- Exposure to enterprise search technologies i.e. Lucene or Solr is beneficial
- Demonstrable experience of ETL and data exports from large data sets to flat file or XML
Offices are based in the Old Street area, City, with excellent transport links.
This is a permanent position offering a basic salary up to £65,000 per annum plus bonus and benefits. To apply please send a WORD version of your CV, including reference number ASH11916AC in the subject line of your email.
The Ashdown Group Ltd acts as an employment agency in respect of permanent vacancies and as an employment business in respect of temporary vacancies.