Visitor Experience volunteer
Volunteer with us today
Join our team of friendly volunteers and be the public face of the Old Royal Naval College (ORNC). Get a lot more out of your free time and help us to engage our visitor with the fascinating history of the ORNC.
The ORNC is one of London’s most popular riverside landmarks. Sir Christopher Wren’s twin domed masterpiece attracts 1.8 million visitors a year and is in the top 15 visitor attractions in London. The iconic buildings stand on the site of Greenwich Palace, Henry VIII's favourite royal residence, and include the Discover Greenwich Visitor Centre, magnificent Painted Hall and Chapel.
What will you experience?
- Assist our visitor experience team in providing a warm welcome and enjoyable visit
- Engage with visitors and learn about the history of the ORNC by delivering short talks and running handling sessions
- Help us to raise donations to keep the ORNC free and secure its future
- Depending on your interests, support our family events and learning programmes, contribute to our blog and online content and other behind-the-scenes projects.
How will we support you? What will you get in return?
- Obtain professional in-house training in different areas such as ways to engage with visitors, history and fundraising
- Meet other volunteers and staff members and participate in social events
- Gain hands-on experience working for a busy and creative heritage organisation
- Receive support in your development, including references where applicable
We are currently offering volunteering opportunities in our Visitor Experience team but you may also be able to get involved with Learning or other back of house departments.
If you are interested in volunteering with us please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8269 4794.
We look forward to having you as a member of our team.