This job is no longer available
Calling all cover supervisors in the Southport Area!!!
Are you currently working as a Teaching Assistant and would like more responsibility?
Do you have experience of working with large groups of teenagers such as sports coaching, charity work or drama workshops?
Do you have or are you working towards gaining a Further Education or TEFL qualification and have experience of working with 16-18 year olds but want to work and gain experience within the younger years in secondary schools?
If the answer is yes to any of these questions then 'Cover Supervisor' work could be for you!
Due to high demand for these roles so far this academic year 2014/15, Randstad Education are currently looking to recruit a number of Cover Supervisors to work in a variety of secondary schools across the Merseyside area, but specifically in an outstanding Southport high school. Bookings can vary from cover for one lesson to a full day. The job will involve being:
- willing and able to supervise classes of 11-18 year olds, using strategies to manage behaviour in line with school policy
- comfortable delivering lessons from a range of subjects across the national curriculum set by a qualified teacher, with no planning or marking involved
- highly organised and able to communicate effectively
Our requirements for this post mean you must:
- have experience of working with secondary age children
- be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS) and full referencing process
- be passionate about working with children
- possess the motivation to achieve and add value to the school
- be flexible, punctual, professional and approachable
We are proud to support a diverse portfolio of secondary and SEN schools and academies within the Merseyside area. These schools range in size, catchment, religious background and ethos. We work closely with each school we supply through constant relevant contact to ensure the right match for you.
Within these schools our cover supervisors will deliver to and support pupils of different ability levels, some with different Special Educational Needs, for example Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties (EBD), English as an Additional Language (EAL), and Complex Learning Difficulties, and coming from many different social backgrounds. We understand that every class and in fact every individual child is different, so we carefully match you as our candidate with the schools and children which you feel you work best with.
At Randstad Education we also consistently offer a variety of temporary long term and day to day supply bookings for education support roles in various Primary, Secondary and SEN schools and colleges throughout the Merseyside region. Our cover supervisors, teaching assistants, technicians and administration officers have a well deserved reputation as being the best in Merseyside and you will benefit from:
- a dedicated, professional and friendly specialist consultant
- competitive rates of pay paid weekly, which are fully compliant under the Agency Workers Regulations (AWR, 2011)
- commitment to your continuing professional development through free training including the certified 'Team Teach' course
- 'recommend a friend' bonus scheme
- the flexibility to work where you want through our network of branches
- being part of a highly respected supply team and developing your own reputation within it
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or give the office a call on 0151 255 1666 and speak to Ashley Fortune, the specialist secondary education consultant.