Teachers with a passion for PSHE needed in the Neath, Port Talbot and Swansea area
We are looking for several teachers with either a passion for, or experience of successfully delivering PSHE within KS3 to join us in an exciting national project, which will positively impact the lives of children across the country. This is mainly ad hoc work in the local area, so can fit around your current commitments or would also be suitable for those working on supply, part time, or people who are retired/semi retired.
Pay rate is dependent on experience.
As a representative for Randstad Education, a national charity and an international brand, you will play a key part in the effective delivery of this programme and have a direct impact on building the self esteem of the children you come into contact with through this project, so passion and enthusiasm are key.
Young people today face a huge range of complex self-esteem issues, many of which will become apparent during their school years. Research has shown that negative body image and poor self-esteem correlates with low concentration and participation in class and can even affect school attendance.
The specially created teaching resources are designed to enable teachers to run in-class workshops, helping young girls (and boys) to understand more about self-esteem and body-confidence
For this role you must…..
* have a passion and enthusiasm for teaching - particularly PSHE
* be able to deliver workshops from pre written materials, whilst bringing them to life by engaging with groups of pupils
* be able to interact well with KS3 pupils and facilitate group work and discussion as well as 'chalk and talk'
* be able to engage and inspire the children that you will be presenting to
* develop professional relationships with pupils and staff
* ensure effective classroom management in line with schools behaviour policy
The school, the child…
We are proud to support a diverse portfolio of schools and academies within South / West Wales. These schools range in size, catchment, religious background and ethos. Within these schools our teachers support pupils of different ability levels, SEN, EAL and from many different home lives. We understand that every school and child is different so we carefully match our teachers with the schools and children to which they work with best.
In reward for your hard work and commitment we provide:
* competitive rates of pay with no hidden deductions
* a refer a friend scheme
* teacher of the month awards
* access to Randstad Education's online CPD portfolio
* long-term and permanent job opportunities
* a dedicated consultant with a 24hr on call facility
* a bilingual service if preferable
* and an honest and trustworthy approach that matches you to the right school.
All candidates will be subject to Randstad Education's child protection and UK eligibility checks
Randstad Education is an expert in recruiting teaching and support staff in South/West Wales and we work with many schools in the local area.
Based within Cardiff city centre, and with a team of dedicated consultants, we have been helping teachers and support staff to find temporary and permanent education jobs for nearly twenty years UK wide. Working with lots of schools each week in these areas, we can find the right match for your skills.
To discuss this in more detail, please contact Cortez Belle at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02920 340740