This job is no longer available
This Property Management Group specialises in the on-going management of large residential developments including the effective administration of +£7m of client service charge budgets. Based in Cambridge and with an office in Nottingham, they work across East Anglia, London, the Home Counties, East Midlands and has plans for further growth. The Group also consists of separate Facilities Management and Legal teams employing over 80 people. They pride themselves on a commitment to excellence and customer service. As a growing, dynamic company, there will be opportunities for growth and professional development.
The Service Charge Accountant is responsible for the effective client accounting of a portfolio of managed estates. The Service Charge Accountant is a vital part of the team, working closely with the Estate Manager and may involve client interaction. This is an exciting role which will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to grow.
In all areas, you will need to ensure that company policies and procedures are consistently applied to the required standards, delivering on time and with a high degree of accuracy.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensure annual service charge budgets are accurate and loaded correctly with correct apportionments
- Periodic billing of service charges, ground rent and other charges to leaseholders
- Prepare end of year service charge accounts within agreed timeframe, before submitting to external Accountants for review
- Deal with complex issues surrounding phased developments still under construction
- Monthly bank reconciliations for client estates
- Produce quarterly management reports, for review with Estate Managers and clients. Analyse the expenditure v budget, arrears and cashflow position, producing a summary report
- Monitor the general health and correctness of the service charge accounts associated with your portfolio, supporting Estate Managers with relevant information
- Corporation tax administration
- Answer leaseholder / client enquiries in a timely fashion
- Handle referred tenant service charge queries to resolution via either telephone or e-mail, or escalate to relevant Estate Manager
- Assist the accounts team with day to day / adhoc duties
Skills & Experience Required
- AAT qualified - 5+ years of accounts experience
- Experience in service charge client accounting is desirable but not essential
- Experience with Qube software is desirable but not essential
- Excellent time management, prioritisation and diary management
- Excellent numeracy/analytical skills and competency in dealing with financial information
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent Team Working
You will receive benefits including a pension, holiday purchase, cycle to work and childcare vouchers.
Hours required:9.00 - 6.00 Monday to Friday