This job is no longer available
Software Developer / Software Engineer
Combining a passion for Software Development and Big Data this is a unique opportunity for a Software Developer skilled in Java or Python to join the Business Intelligence team within one of the world’s largest independent Online Games Studios.
With 3 Guinness world records; a Queen’s Award for Enterprise (2011) a Deloitte Technology Fast 50 (2010); a Sunday Times Top 100 company to work for (2008) and countless other awards to their name, this multi-award winning business employ over 550 people and sit at the very forefront of the online games industry, developing and publishing mini games and leading titles interacted by millions worldwide!
Reporting to the Head of Business Intelligence, you will be responsible for evolving Big Data and Data Science capabilities by building advanced analytic tools, data pipelines and products as part of a high performance agile development team. Utilising a passion for Big Data and skills in Java or Python you will work alongside experienced Data Scientists contributing towards an amazing culture of innovation and improvement.
Key Skills... With a background gained in Software Development / Software Engineering or similar, your skills and experience should highlight the following:
- Strong Java or Python skills with previous experience in a professional environment;
- The ability to choose the right tool/language to solve a specific issue;
- The ability to design/implement algorithms in a procedural or functional language, or appropriate software package;
- Solid working knowledge of Unix and scripting language to tie software components into production pipelines;
- Practical experience with databases and SQL;
- A detail-oriented, curious, analytical mind – seeks to understand in detail, and appreciate subtle but important differences;
- A “can do” attitude – strives to find an answer using available resources;
- Commitment to continuous learning to keep on top of quickly evolving technologies;
- Strong team player yet able to work independently, truly enthusiastic about Agile.
Any exposure to the Hadoop ecosystem (MapReduce, Hive, Pig, HBase Sqoop) is advantageous as is Bash, Git, PostgreSQL, Vertica, Maven, JUnit, Spring, Web Services, R or an interest in Data Science.
Joining a team of talented and enthusiastic people you will get to work with one of the largest independent games Studios in the World so expect a great working environment and superb benefits to match, including: Bonuses, private healthcare, flexible working, gym membership and loads more. Get in touch...
Keywords: Software Developer, Software Engineer, Java Developer, Python Developer, Software Development Jobs in Cambridge, Big Data, Big Data Analytics, Big Data Software Development, Big Data Software Engineering, Software Development Jobs in East Anglia, Developer, Coder, Java, Python, Development Jobs in Cambridge, Development Jobs in Cambridgeshire, Software Engineering Jobs in Cambridgeshire, Java Development Jobs in Cambridge, East Anglia, Anglia, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, CB1.
IMPORTANT: You will only be considered for this vacancy if you complete the short application form on the Guru Careers website...