This job is no longer available
QA Manager - North Manchester - Nuclear & MOD - £40k+
QA Manager Role specification
Introduction / Background
The company I am working for is based in North Manchester and is a leading provider of specialist products to the nuclear and defence industries globally. It has been in business for over 50 years, has developed a solid customer base and is currently running at 24% EBITDA which has allowed it to remain stable despite challenging market conditions. It is now looking forward to a period of extensive growth which would see its turnover rise exponentially over the next 2-3 years.
I am looking to find an experienced and well educated QA Manager to lead the QA function for the business and provide support to the Quality Inspection function.
The QA Manager will be responsible for overseeing and managing the company's Quality Management System (QMS) and ensuring all activities undertaken consistently meet legal compliance and customer expectations.
Experience / Qualifications
Candidates should have a strong Quality Management background, ideally operating in a relevant industrial sector providing technical products and solutions to customers. Demonstrable evidence of problem solving and auditing ability is essential. They should also have the gravitas and experience to manage internal relationships across different business areas whilst keeping the best interests of the business in mind.
Specific experience and qualifications are as follows:
- Maintaining, developing and ensuring adherence to the Company's existing accreditation to ANSI and ASTM quality requirements, including MIL-I-45208A, AM.1, Level 1/Subsafe, M.O.D. military specifications, and ISO-9001 certifications.
- Experience of working with high and low pressure valves (200 to 400 bar) and manifolds.
- Nuclear and/or experience of working with the MOD.
- Devising and managing the audit program for the business and for sub suppliers.
- Monitoring company performance by gathering and thorough analysis of relevant data such as KPIs, producing statistical reports and trends including failed processes and corrective actions.
- Compiling management review reports.
- Providing support for the Quality Inspection function for the business.
- Degree educated with further qualifications such as a Lead Auditor certificate (a degree or extensive experience in 'materials' would be beneficial, although this is not essential).
Key Skills / Attributes
- Robust character with the ability to remain focused on Quality Improvement.
- Good interpersonal skills to develop strong business relationships.
- Ability to communicate at all levels with both customers and the wider group.
- Gravitas and skills required to drive the continued focus on Quality Assurance for the business.
Salary & Benefits Package
The package on offer will include a very generous salary in the region of £35k to £40k.