This job is no longer available
Technical / Engineering Manager - West Yorkshire - £50k+
Technical / Engineering Manager Role Specification:
Introduction / Background
The company I am working for is a globally renowned manufacturer and distributor of specialist technical engineering products to a broad range of industries including Oil & Gas, Marine, Petrochemical, Water and Chemical Industries. It has a solid customer base and ambitious growth plans in the coming years meaning it provides exceptional opportunities to build a long term career for the successful candidate.
The business is now looking to appoint a new Technical / Engineering Manager, who will be based in West Yorkshire, to report to the Technical Director and head up the technical engineering function for the business.
As part of leadership team, the Technical / Engineering Manager will report to the Technical Director and will be responsible the day to day management of the design function. The Technical Manager will be an independent and driven senior manager with the ability to lead a business area from a technical perspective in achieving its ambitious medium to long term growth plans.
Experience / Qualifications
Candidates should have a strong senior management background, ideally within a heavy fabrication organisation which supplies specialist products to the aforementioned industries. They should also have the gravitas and experience to manage their technical function whilst providing input and assistance to the executive team in forming overall company strategies and making more general business decisions.
Key Skills and Experience
- At least 7-10 years' experience in a Senior Management level role for a specialist manufacturing business which supplies the industries mentioned above.
- Ideally further management qualifications and/or equivalent experience.
- Background in engineering with a detailed understanding of heavy fabrication and welding processes - ideally with a Mechanical Engineering background, although this not essential.
- Strong commercial acumen coupled with the ability to present technical information both internally and to customers as required.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
Salary & Benefits Package
The overall package will include a competitive basic salary in the region of £50k.