This job is no longer available
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Consultant: Nick Gillison
The Green Recruitment Company is working with an internationally leading developer of offshore wind projects who are looking for an experienced cable installations project manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing all aspects of the cables for offshore wind farm projects.
• Responsible for the optimal cables design and support through contracting process to ensure that wind farms have the maximum reliability and safety
• Produce and maintain technical cables plans for offshore wind farms, outlining schedule, budget and resources required, including but not limited to:
- Strategy, scope of work, planning
- Best practices, methodologies, procedures and processes
• Responsible for preparing, expanding and providing all the specifications and technical documentation to the Technical Manager and Commercial Manager
• Evaluation of suppliers to guarantee the correct tendering of cables and any related activities, ensuring that the determining factors established by the permitting, environmental, safety and other departments are met.
• Provide ongoing and continuous cables leadership and support whilst liaising with other departments as necessary across the project lifecycle
• Provide technical support to business initiatives and Maintenance & Agreement departments, managing technical due diligence processes
• Actively engage with supply chain and give technical support to procurement department, both in the development and contracting process
• Degree in Engineering (M.Sc.), Chartered engineer preferred
• At least three years relevant work experience in the offshore wind industry with a proven track record in cables installation for offshore wind projects
• Ability to interact with suppliers and manage large contractors
• Ability to communicate across all levels of an international organization
• Strong leadership and initiative skills
• Good understanding of the UK H&S legislation applicable to the offshore wind industry is a plus
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
0044 (0) 203 640 2130