Senior Renewables Grid / Power Systems Specialist
Job Title: Senior Renewables Grid / Power Systems Specialist
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £40 - 50,000
Location: Central Belt, Scotland
Consultant: Nick Gillison
The Green Recruitment Company is working with a Renewable Energy consultancy looking to recruit an electrical engineer to their power systems team. The role will require a candidate who is both commercially strong and technically aware of the issues facing the construction of renewable energy projects.
• Grid connection advice in the form of feasibility studies, applications and technical compliance
• Preparation and review of contract technical documents tailored to customer requirements
• Design of HV and LV power systems
• Provide advice on testing and commissioning of plant and equipment
• Assessing the quality of work on site
• Analysis of grid code technical requirements and associated industry technical specifications
• Preparing and reviewing technical schedules for EPC/BOP contracts and TSA
• Work on Switchgear, cables, lines, transformers and reactive compensation equipment up to 400kV as well as SCADA and industrial communication systems
• Protection equipment requirements associated with transmission and distribution
• Keep up to date with industry design and construction standards (eg system earthing requirements)
• Plant and equipment FATs and SATs.
• Degree qualified in relevant engineering disciple - e.g. electrical, power systems, etc.
• Attention to detail, reliability and good organisational skills are paramount
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience in renewable energy generation projects, including wind and solar projects
• Knowledge of submarine cable and HVDC systems and contestable connections
• Experience and competence in power system analysis and fault level studies
• Experience with DIgSILENT and AutoCAD software packages
• Experience with power systems transmission infrastructure projects
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
0207 902 1191