This job is no longer available
Our specialist SEN Primary School is currently looking for a Qualified Teacher to help teach children with ASD and MLD in South Manchester. This is a long term position but would benefit a candidate that may be able to take on a permanent role in the future.
During this placement you will required to plan, mark and assess work as well as delivering subjects across Key Stage 1 and 2. A background in teaching core subjects would be beneficial, although applications are being sought from candidates with a range of subject knowledge.
The successful candidate will need to;
- Plan teaching to achieve progression of learning
- Set appropriate and demanding expectations
- Provide clear structures for lessons maintaining pace, motivation and challenge
- Monitor and intervene to ensure sound learning and discipline
- Use a variety of teaching methods to encourage pupils to think and discuss their learning, develop self control and independence, concentration and perseverance.
The successful candidate will need:
- Previous successful experience of teaching young people with SEN
- A firm commitment to equal opportunity principles and practices
- The ability to communicate clearly
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- The knowledge of how to differentiate curriculum materials
- Good attendance and punctuality
To apply please email your CV to the team firstname.lastname@example.org
Randstad Education has high safeguarding and Child Safety checks in accordance to the DfE Regulations. This position is subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
For more information contact the specialist SEN team on 0161 245 3637