This job is no longer available
Job Type: Permanent
Location: South West
Consultant: Nathalie George
The Green Recruitment Company is working with a Leading Green Energy Provider who are looking for a Project Manager to join the Planning and Development Team. The successful candidate will be involved with solar and wind projects.
• Identifying development sites for renewable energy projects and assessing their viability
• Preparing EIA statements and planning applications including pre-application consultation and negotiations.
• Managing submitted planning applications including appeals.
• Discharging and compliance with planning conditions.
• Undertake consultations and review of development plan and other policies to assess the viability of potential sites.
• Project management of a portfolio of renewable energy projects, from preparation of planning applications to discharge of conditions.
• Preparing Environmental Reports and Statements, involving technical writing and research,including the selection and management of external consultants.
• Writing planning statements, setting out the planning case for renewable energy projects and providing professional advice on site selection.
• Detailed negotiations with local planning authorities, and other statutory and non-statutory organisations and agencies, in order to ensure that any material planning objections or concerns about the proposal are addressed in the pre-application stage.
• Undertake visits across the UK to development sites and attend meetings with Councils, landowners and consultation bodies.
• Preparing for and attending public Information Days and Committee Presentations.
• A strong track record of successfully managing feasibility studies, project developments, planning applications and conditions within the UK renewable’s industry.
• You must have a proven commercial approach to the delivery of projects and a sound understanding of the technical aspects of power generation in the context of wind & solar development.
• You will need excellent interpersonal skills; the ability to build rapport quickly and to develop long term relationships with all stakeholders.
• A relevant degree (ie: planning, surveying, engineering, or environmental).
• Commercially focused.
• Excellent personal skills and ability to build trust and respect within teams.
• Logical thinker and clear communicator.
For more information or to apply for the role please send your CV to;
Please get in touch with any queries on:
+44(0) 203 640 2130
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies