Mainstream Teaching Assistant required in Ferndale
Randstad Education are currently recruiting for a mainstream Teaching Assistant for the Autumn term, to start in September, and finish near Christmas time. The role will be working in a mainstream Primary School, and floating between classes where additional support is needed. Candidates are preferred to have a Level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification, but those without this but who have a lot of experience will also be considered. The role will be full time, Monday to Friday 8:30-3:30pm. The rate of pay for this booking will be ?60 per day.
This large primary school based in the heart of Ferndale and is very busy and vibrant. There is parking available on site, and is also easily accessible by public transport by train and bus. The school have a close knit staff structure, and all help and support each other when needed. The intended outcome of education at this school is: -
1. That students develop lively, enquiring minds, the ability to question and argue rationally and to apply themselves to tasks and physical skills, both on their own and in groups.
2. That students acquire knowledge and skills relevant to adult life and employment and the ability to enjoy leisure in a fast changing world.
3. That students have a respect for religious and moral values and to develop non-discriminatory attitudes and practice which will enable them to live in harmony with all members of society.
4. That students understand, care for and respect the world in which they live and the interdependance of individuals, families, groups, and nations.
5. That students appreciate human achievements and aspirations.
6. That students are helped to develop moral values and an appreciation of the spiritual dimensions of human experience.
7. That students are helped to develop their imagination, sensitivity and creative responses to a wide range of aesthetic experiences.
8. That students develop a sense of self-respect, self-discipline, the capacity to enjoy life as independent, self-motivated adults and the willingness to care for others.
This role will consist of floating between classes on a day to day basis, of those who require additional support. So the successful candidate should be versatile, and be able to support and guide children from Key Stage One and Two. There are some children in the school with additional learning needs, but nothing severe. There are some children in both key stages, which have dyslexia/dyspraxia, some mild challenging behaviour and also a small handful of children who display autistic traits but who aren't statemented.
Randstad Education reward their candidates well, and in return for working for us we will offer you:
* Excellent rates of pay with no hidden deductions
* Dedicated consultant with a 24hr on call facility
* Generous refer a friend scheme
* Periodical pay reviews
* Access to Randstad Education's Online CPD portfolio.
All roles are subject to an enhanced CRB check and interview with Randstad Education.
Please be aware that all applicants MUST be able to obtain references for the last 2 years in full!
For more information, please apply online or contact Emma Thomas Tel: 02920 340740, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org