This job is no longer available
A growing retail/wholesale business based in Central London are currently looking for an Accounts Assistant (covering Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable) to join their dedicated Accounts Department. Working alongside an Accounts Payable Manager and a Bookkeeper, this role will have responsibility for processing a high volume of invoices (ca. 200 per week), processing payments, and supporting both Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable tasks.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supplier's statement reconciliations on a monthly basis for key suppliers
- Dealing with suppliers enquiries
- Ensuring all debit balances on the creditor ledger are accounted for
- Setting up weekly payment runs via online banking
- Sending proof of payment to suppliers and production team
- Assisting Accounts Payable Manager with ad hoc duties
- Work in conjunction with the on-site Bookkeeper regarding accounts receivable tasks:
- Chasing debtors for payment, including regularly sending statements
- Chasing proof of delivery based on invoices sent to customers
- Providing weekly summary on ageing of debtors
To be suitable, you will have worked in a small but busy environment, where you have acted autonomously with minimal supervision. Our client is looking for candidates who are used to working within tight deadlines, are able to deal with both clients and supplier contacts at all levels, and who can be flexible and hands on. You should demonstrate excellent attention to detail as you will be required to process multiple payments simultaneously.
Offices are based in Central London with excellent transport links. The salary on offer for this Accounts Receivable / Accounts Payable Clerk role is £23-25,000 basic depending on experience.
To apply, please submit your latest CV listing all relevant AP/AR experience and include reference ASH12483AC in the subject line of your application.
The Ashdown Group Ltd acts as an employment agency in respect of permanent vacancies and as an employment business in respect of temporary vacancies.