You will be involved in implementing strategies and supporting pupils in self-esteem and confidence-building activities and liaising with other teachers and appropriate professionals as to the best support needed for each student.
Your role will focus on enhancing the communication and interaction skills of learners and this will involve: * Assessing learners that are identified as having a range of speech, language and communication difficulties, as well as taking a lead role in the provision of individual and group support
* The development and delivery of training for support staff to enable successful implementation of specific interventions * The development and delivery of a programme of personalised study to meet the specific communication needs of an allocated group of learners * Creating and adapting resources to support the development of speech, language and communication skills, whilst also maintaining accurate and up to date records
The school, the child:
This is a large college that caters for A'Levels and adult courses for the local community. It is based over two sites with the largest site being in South Manchester but there are other facilities all over the Manchester area. This college has state of the art facilities on site as well as a gym, restaurant and salon and is well renowned in the area. There are a range of students with different needs and requirements who are accessing Further Education and building their skills for future work. Some students have specific needs which is why this role for a Speech and Language Therapist has been created.
In reward for your hard work and commitment we provide:
- competitive rates of pay with no hidden deductions
- a refer a friend scheme
- teacher of the month awards
- access to Randstad Education's online CPD portfolio
- long-term and permanent job opportunities
- a dedicated consultant with a 24hr on call facility
- a bilingual service if preferable
- and an honest and trustworthy approach that matches you to the right school.
All candidates will be subject to Randstad Education's child protection and UK eligibility checks
Randstad Education is an expert in recruiting teaching and support staff in North Wales, Cheshire and Shropshire and we work with many schools in the local area. Based within the local area, and with a team of dedicated consultants, we have been helping teachers and support staff to find temporary and permanent education jobs for nearly twenty years UK wide. Working with lots of schools each week in these areas, we can find the right match for your skills.
If this role is of interest and you have a BSc(Hons) in Speech and Language Therapy or equivalent please send your CV and a covering letter to Cheshire@randstadeducation.co.uk