Based in Watford
Permanent role paying up to £36,000 plus benefits
A market leading financial services company is seeking a Support Analyst/Developer to work in their Quality and Projects team. The role-holder will be responsible primarily for working with technical members of the IT Team to gather and document business requirements, training and test plans for any changes and additions to the company systems and tools. Working closely with the IS Project Manager to manage the development cycle from conception to delivery.
The role is split 60:40 between development and analysis work.
* Working with end users to gather business requirements and then creating Business Specification/
System Specification documentation based on findings
* Reviewing and making recommendations for changes to business systems
* Providing analytical support on complex technical issues and problems
* Providing development of UK&I APEX tools and systems
* Providing 3rd line technical support of UK&I APEX tools and systems
* Working with relevant members of the IS Department to document testing, change and release plans for UK&I business systems
* Ensuring business systems have technical documentation and changes are managed according to the ISO: 9001 Quality Management system.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills/experience:
* Oracle Application Express (APEX 4.2)
* SQL Querying & reporting
* Data modelling
* Systems Analysis/Business Analysis
* Business Objects report writing - Desirable
* Consulting skills: ability to gather & understand user & business requirements
* Ability to write technical specification documents
* Communicating with both business and technical teams
* Process mapping & flowchart documentation
* Working in an ITIL compliant IT Department
This position is paying a salary of up to £36,000 plus benefits. If you are an experienced developer who is looking for their next challenge please send me your up to date CV. Please state ASH12591WC in the subject line.
The Ashdown Group Ltd acts as an employment agency in respect of permanent vacancies and as an employment business in respect of temporary vacancies.